View Single Post
Old 04-02-2008, 07:31 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
cmc

Hi triciafawn,
Your hopes that he could stop and thinking that he could....are what so many of us feel when this happens. The good news is there is hope for recovery if he is willing.

I'm so glad you posted here...this place is for you.

Alanon helps me to realize my part in the disease. There is no blame or shame in trying my best to cope with the insanity of active or untreated addiction and/or alcoholism. I learned to do better by reading, going to therapy, coming here and going to Alanon.

I have a few family members with alcohol/drug problems but my primary reason for going to meetings and coming here...initially...was my son. He is clean and doing well...I still come here and work on my own recovery.

When things got so bad that I couldn't stand it, sometimes I would just try and nurture myself and do what was good for 'me' and taking my focus off the chaos. Some of that chaos I had allowed into my life by my own choice and some of it I just had to accept and detach from.

There are many people here in this forum who have learned to do that too. If you do some extra reading I am sure you will see how so many have the same story that you do...and are finding solutions that work for them.

Please take a look at the sticky threads, they are worth reading.
Once again....welcome to SR!

Last edited by cmc; 04-02-2008 at 07:57 PM.