View Single Post
Old 03-31-2008, 05:23 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
splendra
the girl can't help it

(((34022)))

We can't really change someone else the only one we have total control is ourselves. We can control our thinking and our reactions. It might take a little focus but it is possible. I think you are doing the very best you can right now. Hang with us and you will learn stuff and it will come to you at just the right time. It is hard living with an addict. I think you seem like a really good person and I know you love your dad so don't beat yourself up ok?

Onetime my H got filthy nasty drunk and was falling down and trying to get me to give him some money to go buy some dope. I wanted to really let him have it but, I had promised myself I was going to act differently. As hard as it was to pass up the opportunity to slash him I just let it go and I left the room. He knew I was changing my attitude. It scared him so he tried really hard to invent some drama so I would take the bait and we could get back to the status quo. This put the responsibility for his actions squarley on his shoulders since I did not take the bait he could not twist it around to somehow be my fault that he was falling down drunk. Sometimes we just have to let it go so we can be at peace. Believe one more person at peace on this planet is a very big deal!