View Single Post
Old 03-30-2008, 04:53 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
sweetpea40

Tiffany,
Welcome! First of all let me say, I know where you are coming from saying that your boyfriend is very wonderful and his only problem is his addiction. My son is a wonderful person and he is recovery addict. Most addicts are wonderful people, they just make terrible decisions while on their drugs. That is wonderful of you to see through his addiction. Please don't ever blame yourself for his addiction. Addiction is a disease!
I was very nervous, but excited when my son got out of rehab. They will have their days, but rebab helps with the 12 step program they use on a daily basis.
You where talking about him changing to Buddhism in your other post....a lot of times in rehab they use the term "Higher Power". My higher power is GOD and you choose who your higher power is.....They also, use meditation....That could be a lot of where he is getting that from...I really don't know about Buddhism to even state my opinion about it, but if he is talking about meditation...sounds to me he is doing that from rehab...They teach you that.
I really wish you the best and keep use posted..My prayers are with him, his family and you....I am so glad he got help regardless of how he got it.
Hugs and Prayers,:ghug
Machele