Old 03-24-2008, 08:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
LaTeeDa

Originally Posted by vtsister View Post
My husband and I live on a fixed income, and cannot afford to have somebody living here that isn't paying for their share of the expenses. I've mentioned this to my brother more than once, but it doesn't seem to sink in. He is now running a full month behind on paying us, and we do not have the money to carry him. I'm taking money from what we've set aside to pay property taxes to pay the bills while he hasn't had work.
So, you're sacrificing in order for him to go drink at the bars? Am I reading this right? And you feel bad about kicking him out because he has no place to go?

Just curious, why did your other brother kick him out? Could it have been because of the same behavior patterns?

It sounds like his plan is to keep on using people up until he runs out of people to use. I know this may sound harsh, but you are getting in the way of him hitting bottom. Until he actually feels the consequences of his behavior, what reason does he have to change the way he behaves?

More to the point, why do you feel like you should have to sacrifice your security and financial well-being to finance his self-destructive lifestyle?

L