Old 03-19-2008, 11:35 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
nandm
Life the gift of recovery!

Although I read some of the threads here in secular, I do not feel I have the right to reply or throw my 2 cents in when although I am not a religious person I utilize the program of AA. I am posting this reply to this particular thread to say that I am truly sorry that some members of AA and other 12 step forums feel the need to jump in and create chaos on your threads. It makes everyone who works the program of AA look bad. My thought is the only program I can work is what works for me. I can not force someone to believe as I do by cramming my beliefs down their throat. In fact I have found that to be the quickest way to make me turn and run from someone. I do hope that you realize that there are many people just like myself who respect your right to your beliefs and are happy that you have found something that works for you. You are doing what you need to do to do for your sobriety. That is what is important! I will continue to view the threads here just as I have done in other areas as I find that keeping an open mind helps me learn. Learning is part of growing. I hope to never stop growing. Take care and don't let the few people who like to stir the pot discourage you from posting in your forum. I wish you all the best and appreciate your candor and honesty.