View Single Post
Old 03-17-2008, 02:01 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
karisma

thank you..

Thank you for your posts. I know that he has said that he won't change, it is just really difficult to accept a comment like that from someone you love so much. It really hurts, and I so badly want to believe that some day he will want to change. His dad finally did, and his brother is in the process. So I hope that he will see the light, I just don't want to have to wait 30 years for him to see the light. I guess I am not yet ready to give up on my marriage and for me to ever be able to walk away from my marriage, I have to know that I tried everything in my power to make our marriage work. I feel like I owe that to my children, but I also much say that I will always do what is best for my children.

My husband and I do not argue or fight in front of our kids at all. I guess we tend to be more passive, and don't talk about the "difficult" things in life as often, because we try to avoid confrontation. Especially me, I hate confrontations. I do think that setting boundries with the kids would be a great idea. If he drinks in front of the kids, I will remove us from the situation. My parents live in town and we could go stay with them. The tough part with that is that is my husband likes to drink during the times we have family things. Holidays, Birthdays, family vacations, visiting relatives. I can easily remove our children from normal situations, but how do you handle holidays, family vacations, and birthdays? I can't take my kid away from his own birthday party, or leave the house during Christmas. So removing the kids and I from the environment wouldn't work, any ideas on how to handle those type's of situations?