View Single Post
Old 03-17-2008, 12:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
BayAreaPhoenix

The depression is the worst! My AH has depression issues too, from before the opiates or because of them or made worse by them, who knows really, but it is heart-breaking. My AH spent two weeks crying over the holidays, and multiple times before then, but those 2 weeks were the worst. When I came home I got the most pitiful sorrowful begging and I need yous, etc. But, as I just posted earlier, because I had been to some open NA meetings I was able to hear that there was no action plan even, no real steps he was taking other than getting off the pills using pills to help perscribe from the Dr. I think he might have been required to go to a few group meetings, but just like with therapy before, as soon as he could get out and not do anything, he did. It was so hard for me to tell him I was sorry but could not believe him anymore and could do nothing to fix him, I had been trying for years and obviously it didn't work and I finally learned my lesson that only he could "fix" himself. It wasn't easy by any means, and within a month after that I had Mr. Happy asking me to fold his shirts - we were obviously back on self-medication.

Stay strong, it is draining and it is exhausting. Get to some meetings, keep participating here, you know what to do! Read the books, take care of yourself and get all the reality checks you need to help you help yourself!

(((hugs)))