View Single Post
Old 03-16-2008, 06:41 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
NoelleR

Cool

....an internal AA survey....? Sounds a wee bit self-serving to me, and taken with LESS than the proverbial grain of salt....

"...Statistics!!!! Now there is a resentment!!!!..." I would prefer to say, "Statistics???? Now that's a joke."

Especially when using %'s.....

Here's an example....." I go into an AA room; there are nine other folks there with 3 months sobriety each; I have 21 years; add that up, you get 24; divide that by 10, you get 2.4. ..... so in that room the average sobriety would be 2.4 years? I think not.....lol

I love numbers, and statistics, but I also know that you make numbers say anything you want.....Remember the Crest ads that said, "Four out of five dentists recommend Crest,"....? I would then like to ask the question, "How many dentists did it take to get those four to make that recommendation? ... They might have had to ask thousands of dentists to get just those four, and one more who recommended .... Colgate...? ... Remember, they said 'four out of five' NOT 'four out of EVERY five. ...... Gosh! Numbers (and words too) can be sooooo much fun.....

...and that's what life is like....fun; and so much more fun w/o the drugs 'n alcohol.....for me, and especially all my close friends.....hehehe

Have fun y'all.....

NoelleR