Old 03-14-2008, 06:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
duet_4-8
A work in progress....

Angry Divorce is final but the drama is not.....

In mediation on November 30, I gave up the house because all I have heard is how it is his house built with his money, etc etc. (Never mind the 25 year marriage and the three children....) The mediator took the appraisal minus the mortgage, got the equity in the home and divided it in half (because I live in a state that is 50/50) and presented it to him. He said 'I don't want it, sell it'. We signed an agreement to do this.

I got the home ready, worked like a dog for several weeks I might add, contacted a realtor, filled out all the paperwork. The realtor called him to sign the papers. He wouldn't.

In court on Monday, in the midst of all the lies he was telling about me and our relationship, when asked about signing the listing agreement on the house, he said he couldn't do that "in good conscience" because there is something wrong with the septic system, and some kind of water issue, and we have termites And of course he was suddenly too ethical to sell someone a home with problems......None of this has a grain of truth to it, btw. I have been living in the home for over a year alone and have not had the first problem with the septic system or any water problems. We have had monthly exterminator visits for several years.

He said the only way he would sign is to list it to be sold 'as is'. Which in the real estate world is a huge red flag to buyers and results in very low offers. The judge ruled in my favor on everything, even adding some things I didn't even ask for in an effort to 'encourage' him to sign the listing papers. Multiple contempt charges were left open.

Even after my attorney drew up papers specifying that he be 'held harmless' if there are such problems discovered in the course of the sale, as directed by the judge, he is still refusing to sign.

There are three different people waiting to see the house; I can't show it to anyone until he signs.

The bottom line is, he wants the house. He thought that he would force my hand in mediation when he said to sell it. He sent me a letter afterwards offering me about half of what I will get if we sell, along with saying that "if you ever decide to come home, I will still have a place for you to come to".

Addicts just cannot stand to agree to anything that they perceive as 'losing', can they?

The way I see it, I have two options here. I can fight him in court, or I can try to reach some sort of settlement to let him have the stupid house. I have the Rockin C almost ready to move in to, and I want to get on with my life.

My gut is telling me that no settlement will ever be conceived as 'fair' in his mind and it is a waste of time to try. The judge was obviously miffed at him and contempt charges from almost a year ago (that his attorney attempted to get dismissed) were left open. I doubt the court will put up with much more nonsense from exh. The realtor is willing to testify because he got very verbally abusive towards her and she is ticked off.

What would you do?