Old 03-13-2008, 05:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
azuresky

Arrow Intro .. I think I've finally found a place for help

I've been reading over this site early this am. Looks like a good place for help!

Right now, my 27 yo son who just got out of jail ..again.. and who won't take his anti-psychosis meds, just went out and got high... again.. on meth. My 16 yo daughter, a meth and crack addict, has coughed all night, coming down from ..probably meth, hasn't slept in 3 days. My husband spent the last 4 days drunk.. and gone some of that time.. to a meth dealers home where he ran into out daughter. My 23 yo son is both alcoholic, drinks every day, anywhere from a 6 to a 12 pack and sometimes plus a quart of Mad Dog. And its beginning to look like my 15 yo son is also becoming alcohol dependant. My church pastors call me the enabler.

What am I to do? Run away? I went to Al Anon for over 10 years with my exhusband who was also an alchoholic who was also in AA. I worked the program, I understand the what an enabler is. The way my church pastors call me an enabler though, I get the feeling its my fault my family members are addicts.

I have two grandsons we have adopted who are the bio sons of my 27 son. Both he and his girlfriend, their mother, are meth addicts and the children were taken from them by CPS.

I have many questions, many worries. I don't even know where to begin. I have been overwhelmed for so long and glad to have found a forum that addresses my concerns.