Old 03-12-2008, 11:19 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
PaperDolls
Its_me_jen

Thanks for the replies.

I went to an Al-Anon meeting last night. I hadn't been to one for probably 5 years, that was my first and last. I didn't believe a word they told me then. My mom was still actively drinking and I just couldn't do what they suggested.

Last nights was good. I didn't talk, only listened. I'll give it a few meetings and see how it works out.

I used to have "Codependent No More". I tried reading it but I didn't give it a chance. A long time ago here on SR someone came up with a book exchange thingie and I sent it to someone. I can't remember who. I think they we're going to pass it on to someone else. I wrote a note in the cover to whomever I sent it to. I'd like to check out Hope For Today. I might go to the bookstore tonight and check it out, see how much it is. May be I'll even buy it!

Sat. morning there's an ACOA meeting I'll check out. I've not been able to find much in the way of CoDA or ACOA meetings around here. I'm surprised by that but I'll ask at the meetings I go to.

I feel weird about being at an Al-Anon meeting because I just think of that as Spouses and Parents. I know that's not the case, that's just what my brain tells me. Plus, I'm not trying to deal with the effects of alcohol on me, per se, but trying to fix/change my codependency issues. I suppose it's all the same. I know it's all related and stuff.