View Single Post
Old 03-11-2008, 01:57 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
NoelleR

"...I was in a meeting the other day where several people mentioned an AA success rate of 7%. WTF? when was the aa census? how did i miss it. If I were new and I heard that in a meeting, why would I come back? this was bein shared by people who have been around for quite some time..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back when I first came into AA, the numbers ranging from 1%--10% successful recovery after one year were being bandied about.....and I CAME BACK, and kept coming back.....nothing can make a person use and nothing can make a person quit...... (o:

NoelleR

P.S. What I have noticed is that the 'negative' AA posts seem to come after an AAer posts in what could be perceived as an AA, the one and only way....AA....my way or the highway....I know that most of these folks don't really mean this.....while some do (I know; I was pummeled by them early on in my own recovery, including...u gotta do it this way or you're wrong, and will go back out....get God or get drunk, and the ever popular you're a relapse waiting to happen).....good grief....if a person is abstinent and happy with their life; they're sober.....who cares how they got there.....not moi.