Old 03-11-2008, 12:47 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

[/quote]

This is all self diagnosis that I have done through much research, and discussion with another person who had it and helped me realize I have it. It basically explained my whole life to me. I finally understood why I am the way I am. I came to this realization only a month or so ago, and my life has been getting better and better ever since I started working on changing it.

I intend to meet with a psychologist over winter break to discuss this with him. However I do not wish to be prescribed to any kind of medication as I don't want to take anything legal or illegal on a daily basis at all, since with determination and a little work I can fix this problem.

I freaked out this morning after an out of control drinking episode that happened last night that I didn't understand, which is why I joined this site and now I figured out that the drinking episode was a result of me being depressed about this girl. Relationship rejection has a huge effect on my mood dysregulation and it took me till now to realize that. But now I think I'm going to be just fine.[/QUOTE]

88, looks to me like your describing a recovery program here. I have self diagnosed my disease...I'm alcoholic....I work to find out why I'm the way I am...with the help of some other person (sponsor and other AA's) I take steps to correct my dysfunction (character defects) through the steps.

I don't think you're really breaking new ground here. But, if you are able fix your problems without talking to some other person or honestly working on yourself, you might be on to something.

The point is...I can't do it alone. I thought I could, tried everything I could think of, even went four years without drinking, still when I started again it got worse then ever. I understand progression of the disease. Never did until I lived it.

Good luck my friend and remember never give up!!!

God's Peace