Thread: So tired
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2008, 12:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
LucyA

So tired

I'm so tired of being the 'strong one' in the family. A few folks in my family are concerned about my nephew, as I am, so what do they do? they phone me and ask what they should do. Now I'm not the best person to ask for advice, I'm not the kind of person to tell someone what they should do, I think I'd usually say 'do what you think is right'. I suppose that's because that's what I'd do, even if someone gave me advice, at the end of the day I'd do what I thought was right, for me first, then for everyone else involved. At the moment it seems like things might be coming to a head with my brother and his son, I can't quite put my finger on anyhing but things seem different somehow. Other people are noticing things going on. But I can't stop thinking that others in my family (and some friends) are ringing me to guide them. I can't do that, I've done and continue to do what I can for my nephew. I'm there for him, I feed him, I treat him as one of my own, I offer support and love him to bits, he knows he can stay whenever he wants to. I've also alerted the authorities to his situation, spoken to his school about the family situation and offered to give im a home for as long as it takes.
It's got me nowhere though, so why do the others think I can give them any advice? Don't they think I've done all I can? I'm starting to doubt myself but I don't know what else I can do. Should I try to guide them? I don't think so but like I said I'm doubting myself at the moment.