View Single Post
Old 03-10-2008, 03:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
carltex

New guy here with a problem

I was talking to my wifes best friend (recovering alchoholic 10 yrs.) and she dropped what she calls a pink elephant in my living room. My wife has been sleeping all weekend for about the last ten months. You're probably saying why haven't you done something. I have been just walking around it I guess. Her friend told me in confidence that she thinks she is hooked on vicodin which she has been getting from one of her co-workers. I had no clue she was doing that. I never took her for the type to do that so I thought maybe it was something else. She is always complaining she can't sleep during the week and says she is catching up on the weekend. She also suffers from constipation which is common to pain pill users I hear. There are other issues in our house that I know depress her not to mention menopause. My stepson has been in trouble for the last 15 years with drugs and alchohol ( 4 dui's, 2 in TX and 2 in OH) and his wife divorced him last year. I'm not a very confrontational person but I guess this has gotten to the point of having to say something and hope she doesn't blow up on me. Anyone have any words of wisdom?