Thread: Sick of it all!
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2008, 11:25 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
SHERRYL

Lexusgirl,
When we feel the way that you are feeling, we tend not to see solutions because we are so into thinking about the problem. It is really not possible to really focus effectively on more than one thing, that is just the way we are wired. So, take a deep breadth and let's for a moment look at your real options here. You want out, so that is what you should focus on and taking care of yourself. You could get a part-time job, preferably doing something you enjoy. Maybe even something to do with dogs, dog sitting for people on vacation ( heck, sometimes you even get to house sit, too.), walking other peoples dogs or if you like to drive, I know people that deliver pizzas in the evening and make up to 1500.00 a month, for real. I would rather you break the lease than to see your spirit broken, probably if you explain to the landlord that there is abuse, (and nothing is more abusive than living with an alcoholic), they will understand. Start looking around, start looking away from him and what he is going to do next. Take all of that energy and start looking to your future, you will be amazed, once you make the decision to be free, how God and the universe provide opportunities right in your lap, Most importantly, indecision is what drives people to madness, so make a decision, if you want to be with him or not, you will feel better just being off of the fence. If you decide to stay for the remainder of the lease, then make a committment to yourself to go to alanon so you can have the tools to detach, even if he is still there, it really is possible , you can meets lots of people who are doing it at meetings.Take care, I will be praying for you, keep us posted on how you are doing and keep coming to the boards for support .