View Single Post
Old 03-08-2008, 05:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
nodrinkingzone
Fighting the good fight

Hi silenttruth,

Welcome to SR. It sounds to me like you have a problem with alcohol, and it's messing with your life.

You said you can go 2 weeks without it if you need to, so at least you won't have to go through physical withdrawal - but I reckon you need to know that what you are saying is EXACTLY like me and a whole bunch of other people here on this forum.

I used to do the same thing, sneak drinks, at all hours, until I ended up drinking every day just to go to work and whatnot.

Alcohol is ruining your life, and I think if you didn't drink you would be ashamed and embarrassed by what other people are saying to you and about you - it's all well and good to go "who cares what they think?", but it still hurts.

Please keep reading here, and I would like to add that you're never too young - I was an alcoholic when I was your age, and I still am now. I go to AA, because I get to listen to a whole bunch of stories like yours and some of them are very close to my own experience. Some of them are hilarious, or sad, or heartbreaking or very emotional, but I love hearing other peoples' stories.

Good luck with everything,

ndz