Thread: Baby Watch (OT)
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2008, 03:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
nufznuf
Sweet Christmas secrets

I can't tell you how much I feel your anguish over your grand babies.
I remember sitting in the dark at 3 in the morning crying about the safety of my step daughters unborn child over 16 yrs ago.
You do what you have to do.
IN our case we took her to court for abandonment and adopted. She did not even bother to come to court. Now 16 yrs later my son is struggling to find his own place in the world , drawn to the same world of drugs and alcohol that his birth mother and uncle live in. He has stepped back and has a plan and good support in the community for his dream to be a chef. Hopefully he will Graduate. ( this is another story for another time)

IN the end would I do it all over again knowing that those teen years would bring back the same heartache and pain that my step daughter caused?
YES
Because we gave him a chance. We taught him right from wrong. He would have only learned wrong had he been raised by her. His own Uncle taught him how to smoke dope and crack. I pray that is all over with .

I pray for your grandbabies , that the joy of life and being a mom will be the incentive your daughter needs to be drug free and a good mother. She as a great support in you,
It can be done!!!