Baby Watch (OT)

Old 03-07-2008, 08:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Rest peacefully Sonny Boy

Baby Watch (OT)

Well my first Grandchild is due any day. Man time flies when you're having fun huh? LOL I'm nervous.

Then 8 weeks from now, my second grandbaby arrives (Vickys). That one really makes me nervous. Vicky isn't ready to be an 18 year old single mom. Heck I don't think she is ready to be a mom even under good circumstances, but I look back on my first baby and I wasn't ready either.

I'll be Vickys support and will help her raise her child, but it is scary for me. I know that given a few years, Vicky will venture out on her own and will take that little girl with her. I have huge seperation and abandonment issues, and I've actually caught myself thinking about not getting too attached so that it doesn't hurt as much when they move on with their own lives, but who am I kidding, they aren't even born yet and I'm already attached and worrying.

I'm just really anxious and wanted to share with my friends new beginnings, new life, and my blessings in disguise.

Stay tuned my grandma wrinkles are forming as I type. (-:

B
Old 03-07-2008, 08:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((Frankly)))

Wow....2 grandbabies!!! Keep us posted. They have a wonderful grandma to welcome them to the world!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 03-07-2008, 09:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Hi There (((Frankly)))
My daughter was 18 when she had my grandaughter. Yeah...I planned how I would be too (not as attached, enjoy from afar etc etc etc ) but WHAM...that little creature stole my heart as soon as she opened her eyes.

I'm now finding myself sad that she's not around quite as much (daughter and her have been spending lots of time with BF). I'm having serious control issues.

Daughter's not doing EXACTLY what I would do or how I would it.

But then, on occassion I stand back and watch the two of them interact. If you ever want to make yourself cry...stand back and watch how the baby of your baby looks at their mom. Then, imagine you addding to that mix as you watch them.
Amazing circle of life...

Wishing you and your family all the best

(((Hugs)))
Old 03-07-2008, 12:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

Congrats Frankly wow... I never had any grandparents growing up. From the way your talking now I could see that your grandchildren are going to be filled with lots of love.

But then, on occassion I stand back and watch the two of them interact. If you ever want to make yourself cry...stand back and watch how the baby of your baby looks at their mom. Then, imagine you addding to that mix as you watch them.
Amazing circle of life...
Cece you made my eyes water!!

Jewelz
Old 03-07-2008, 03:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Sweet Christmas secrets

I can't tell you how much I feel your anguish over your grand babies.
I remember sitting in the dark at 3 in the morning crying about the safety of my step daughters unborn child over 16 yrs ago.
You do what you have to do.
IN our case we took her to court for abandonment and adopted. She did not even bother to come to court. Now 16 yrs later my son is struggling to find his own place in the world , drawn to the same world of drugs and alcohol that his birth mother and uncle live in. He has stepped back and has a plan and good support in the community for his dream to be a chef. Hopefully he will Graduate. ( this is another story for another time)

IN the end would I do it all over again knowing that those teen years would bring back the same heartache and pain that my step daughter caused?
YES
Because we gave him a chance. We taught him right from wrong. He would have only learned wrong had he been raised by her. His own Uncle taught him how to smoke dope and crack. I pray that is all over with .

I pray for your grandbabies , that the joy of life and being a mom will be the incentive your daughter needs to be drug free and a good mother. She as a great support in you,
It can be done!!!
Old 03-07-2008, 07:52 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

(((((Frankly)))))
I haven't been on here much lately but I am so glad I didn't miss this one. I can't believe that your grandbabies are due already. Boy, time sure flies by. They will be the love of your life. My little grandaughter is taking her first steps by herself already and I can't believe it. She is the most wonderful little person in the world to me. You will just be kissing those little faces and feeling on top of the world.

Vicky will be okay afterall she has a wonderful teacher. She will have you there to help her and you will get through it together. Keeping you and Vicky in prayer for comfort and joy through all of this.

Take care gramma and lots of love....................Lo
Old 03-07-2008, 07:54 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Nuf - I'm lucky, neither one has a problem with drugs. At least I don't think they do. The father is not in the picture. It has opened her eyes about drinking, that is a blessing.

I would do the same thing you did, in a heartbeat. Babies are pure and innocent, they deserve a chance at life.

CeCe - Thank You.

Somebody is going to have to help me post pictures when they get here!

((Lobo))

B

B
Old 03-08-2008, 11:58 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Frankly...Enjoy each precious day...Projecting about what may happen in a couple of years...well, what a waste of energy, eh? I'm sure Vicky is so incredibly grateful to have you there for her and her little one, and although she may not appear ready right now, it is amazing what happens when that precious baby is born.
I'll gladly help you with pics...just yell. Can't wait to see those little angels.
Sending prayers for safe labor and for a serene and joyous grandmother. Hugs, my friend

Old 03-08-2008, 08:35 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Frankly,
How exciting, and scary at the same time!

You're going to be a great Grandmom....
Old 03-09-2008, 03:26 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Frankly, this baby is blessed to have a grandma like you and no matter what life brings, you and this baby will always have a special connection of love.

I'm frantically knitting bunny booties because I think we have a spring ahead with a few new babies.

Hugs :day4
Old 03-09-2008, 09:38 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

((Greet)) I can build a house from the ground up, but I can't post a picture to save my life!

((Moose)) Just to clarify anyone reading, I'm not going to be a " great grandma" I'm just going to try to be the best grandma I can. I laughed when I read your post one way and then another, thought I'd better let everyone know I wasn't quit THAT old yet. LOL Thank you Moose.

((Ann)) Ahhhh. Ppsssssttt. Hey (whispering) while you are knitting those little booties, could you knit me a pair too? (-:

I truely love all you guys.

Hugs
B
Old 03-09-2008, 10:48 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

OK, here is the deal Happy, You give me step by step directions and I'll do the same for you, I'll walk you right through it kinda like that commercial where the guy is sitting at his kitchen table with a knife while that surgon is giving him instructions. LOL

B