Thread: Homeopathy
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2008, 08:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
nandm
Life the gift of recovery!

I am actually familiar with homeopathy. I do not discount it as a being beneficial to some people. Our medical world is becoming more open to alternative medicines. To renew my nursing license this last time I had to take a pain management update class. In it they referred to acupuncture, meditation, yoga, chiropractors, as well as several other modalities as being acceptable treatments for pain management. In the 20 years I have been nursing I have never seen this much forward thinking. Personally I feel that mixing the traditional with the modern can be quite beneficial. I would love to see more physicians be open to the concept. In fact I believe that our newer physicians are.

One does need to realize though that many of our current medications originally came from plants and herbs. Aspirin comes from a tree root. But even aspirin has side effects. Even herbs have side effects and can interact in negative ways when combined with other herbs. I would make sure that any naturalpath was an accreditated one if I were to see one.

You are right about the concern regarding the alcohol content. I personally would not take them as I don't even use mouthwash with alcohol in it. I just don't want to get my body started.