View Single Post
Old 03-06-2008, 08:34 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
wooforever

imallright,

If you are not happy and you stay in that marriage you will hate yourself. How old are your kids? I would ask your consuler if she thought it was good idea if you sat down and told the children what is going on with their dad.

I let my first husband blame me for our divorce. I let my daughter think that I just wanted out of the marriage. NOw that she is 23 she dislikes me because she said her whole life she just did not understand why her father was not good enough for me.

My second divorce which was an active addict, we let my youngest did not understand. When he got old enough I sat down and told him the reason for the divorce was that his dad was an drug addict and I could no longer live with him or be married to him.

But I made sure he was old enough to understand. If you let him make you feel guilty for leaving he wins and the children lose. You do not need to divorce him, you could try a seperation.

I would say go with your gut. It sounds like you no longer care for this man and that is not fair for you to stay if you no longer are in love with guy. YOu cannot use the children to stay in a loveless marriage.