View Single Post
Old 03-06-2008, 05:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
MrsMagoo

I would recommend marriage counseling or therapy but it doesn't sound like that's an option for you. Are you sure your mind is made up?

Overcoming the bitterness and resentment against the addict I'm sure is normal. My AH has screwed up my life too but now that he's clean (at least for now), I found that I have to forgive him in order to grow personally. The anger was going to eat me alive much like the drugs or alchohol eat them alive when they are in active addiction. You can never forget. You must not ever forget.

If you can't put your feelings aside then you probably need to move on. The kids will be mad - at least at your daugher's age, that is normal but it if it brings you happiness and peace, perhaps one day they will thank you or at the very least respect you for taking care of you and ultimately them. It's a tough situation.

Not talking to anyone is not the answer. Thank goodness you are here because there will be many along to talk to you and point you in directions you probably would have never thought of on your own.

I'll keep watching to see what happens. I wish you happiness and peace.