Thread: Help me!
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2008, 06:14 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
katie44

I too wish I had know what I know now. Many people gave me advice regarding my AS but I would not listen. In four years he has spiralled down hill. Weve been through the rehabs, the NA meetings, drug testing and all for what. He stole credit cards, money from our accounts, numerous lies the list goes on. In the beginning I though my addict was different, he is no different from any other addict. The moodiness, sleeping all day, excuses, all signs of the drug abuse. The addiction only escalates until the addict is ready to get help. It is so hard to watch them destroy thereselves its heartbreaking, but what happens is it will destroy you too.
You have got to take care of your self, naranon meetings and this board are a great help. Im still learning to detach. When we love someone it is terribly painful. As for drug testing him been there of course he will get angry 99.9 he has probably used. Even when I took my son to a drug testing clinic he was taking in some one elses urine. They are extrememly clever. Take care of yourself.