View Single Post
Old 03-04-2008, 10:24 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Load Warrior

Thanks for everyone's kind words. I have been reading the stickies... I need to find a meeting in my area during lunch, which there doesn't appear to be one. I noticed there were some online chats on this board, I may be able to do that.

My husband takes care of our daughter during the day while I'm at work. I had asked him not to drink while he's home alone with her. Yesterday, he was in a particularly foul mood. He finished off a bottle of wine before I got home at 5:30. Once I got there he got in the car and left. He returned around 9pm and announced his phone was broken (into pieces - he throws temper tantrums) and he needed a new one.

I'm realizing I'm not good at setting boundaries. I *asked* him not to drink while home alone with the baby - my fault. So, tonight I'll say "If you continue to drink while home alone with the baby, I will confront your behavior and tell you how it scares me and hurts our relationship." How does that sound? If he continues, I'll put her in daycare (which we can't really afford, but I'll find a way). I'm going to put her on some waiting lists today - hope for the best, but prepare for the worst, ya know.

I'm also going to write down the tag number of his car. Even when he 'doesn't feel it' I imagine his blood alcohol is over the limit. I'd sure hate for him to hurt someone.