Thread: Help me!
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2008, 03:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
worried4

Help me!

I am so happy to have found this forum. Hopefully someone can offer some advice.

My boyfriend has a drug problem and refuses to get professional help. He overdosed on heroin about 2 years ago and since then I have 'caught' him doing drugs every few months. Each time he promises that he will never do it again and says how sorry he is. I have caught him doing opiates, xanax, and coke. Last time I confronted him he told me that he has a drug problem because he feels like he needs to use to feel happy, but he insists he only uses every 3 weeks or so.

He is very depressed. Lately he has been missing ALOT of work. He has been working 6-18 hours a week instead of 40. He has decided to go down to part time and his company really wants to keep him and told him to make his own schedule. He sleeps a lot. He will sleep through an entire weekend sometimes. He doesn't have fun anymore and is very irritable all the time. He takes things out on me and is mean pretty often. I say he acts like a zombie because he will sit just and stare ahead and won't talk or respond to me. He never wants to have sex anymore, and every time we do have sex it seems like a chore to him. He has only orgasmed once in the past 5-6 months.

He told me he wants me to help him but he won't see a therapist. He said I can drug test him and make sure he isn't using, but he gets angry whenever I try to drug test him. He will occasionally take back the things he said about having a drug problem and say that I put words into his mouth and that he doesn't have a problem.

This has gotten way out of hand and I really need some help. What should I do?