Old 03-02-2008, 04:52 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
concernedsister

Originally Posted by Miss Pink View Post
Tough love coming.....warning!

Get thyselves to alanon or naranon fast. You have no knowledge about addiction or how to "treat" it appropriately.

Your going to "care" her right into the grave with your controlling.
I don't mind your honest input at all. I appreciate the fact that people here are willing to say what they think. I seriously don't think I or my family or anyone for that matter has EVER been able to control Kristina, it has never happened. I just like to think if she doesn't want to live like this (and most addicts will say they don't) and she runs into roadblock after roadblock when she's trying to use, she will break down, cry, and give up. Maybe that's a crazy thing to think!

If someone we love is dying from a disease that doesn't have to be terminal and they are refusing treatment, there's not a nurse, doctor, or relative that would not try to push them into lifesaving treatment - hell, some courts will even "force" it. If you decide you want to commit suicide, no one will let you do it, we will try to force you and make you get help - to save you from yourself. If addiction is a disease, then the addict is helpless to fight their addiction and they need to be forced into treatment through love and support, counseling, etc. If you believe this won't help, isn't that like saying that addicts have control of their addiction? If they can choose when to stop, if they will only stop when they want to, that is saying they have control of it, right? Assuming they are powerless to their addiction, it's up to those who love them and have power to try to support them and prevent them from falling. Toddlers will get hurt if we don't watch them, but we prevent that, right?