Old 03-02-2008, 06:48 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
caileesnana

concerned & mom--

I have asked the same questions you are asking. I was told last summer by a 20+ year clean heroin addict who now has many initials and degrees in addiction the I "was helping her kill herself...loving her to death" and "are you ready to carry that around?"

I refuse to help Kasey, my AD, kill herself. YOu are right, it is absolute hell for a parent and for you as you love her so much. RIght now she doesn't love herself, so how can she show love? Letting go is not abandoning, but allowing the person to live their life, right or wrong, on their terms and learn from those experiences. Accepting is not condoneing, it only what we do to survive!

I refer you back to Ann, I have been in that hell and refuse it again! I have left AD in jail, on the street, run to rescue, gotten help, not gotten help....nothing made a difference becasue she loves drugs more than life itself!

I am so sorry you are hurting. Meeting will help, there is support there in face to face meetings you won't find anywhere else. Others know how you feel and will walk w/ you.

On a positive note, her friend will loose the $1000 when she doesn't appear for court!!! They are so messed up they don't realize they aren'te helping each other, but she also is helping/enableing Kristina to kill herself.

prayers for you and your family,
susan