Old 03-02-2008, 06:48 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
marle

A boy that went to school with my daughter died at home from an overdose while his parents were sleeping next door and his fiance was in the same room. You can't prevent it. If you continue to try to control your sister and her using, she will just find someone who will enable her and she will have less and less to do with you and her family. I know because I tried to control my daughter's using. I would not enable her anymore and so she found herself a man who would. Once she had him, she did not need me anymore because what was important to her were the drugs. She did not care about relationships unless they included getting her DOC. Believe me when I say that your sister is no different than my daughter or any of the other addicts on here. Your sister will do whatever it takes to keep using until she is ready to quit. You do not use drugs and so you are looking at your sister with a different perception. One that if you are not careful, you will be dragged into the darkness with her. Let go. Your sister is not unique and neither are you. You are not superman. You can't save her although I know you keep thinking that you can. She knows you love her, she knows she can use that love to manipulate you. She counts on you trying to save her because then she does not have to take responsibility for saving herself. LET GO and save yourself. Hugs, Marle