Old 03-02-2008, 06:37 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Impurrfect

(((concerned sister)))

The first time I had to spend a night in jail because dad wouldn't bond me out, I called him hysterical, promising everything, and said "I'd rather be dead". The next day, they let me out on my own recognizance, and I walked back to the dope house. It didn't slow me down a bit.

I know you and you're family love your sister, there is no doubt. But she IS manipulating you all, and is only concerned about getting high. I know of a couple of parents who had their addict at home, watching them carefully, and their child STILL overdosed on drugs, right in front of the family.

I know I probably sound harsh, but as a recovering addict, I can promise you that until SHE wants to get clean, it doesn't matter what anyone does. As long as she can find someone to enable her, it will only prolong her using.

She knows you love her, but she is taking it for granted. I'm sorry you and your family are going through this, but as long as she wants to keep using, it is only going to get worse. You CAN love her, but step away from the chaos.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy