Old 03-01-2008, 04:50 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
outtolunch

Originally Posted by concernedsister View Post
Well she did call home. She had a friend who spent 9 days for violation of probation in there with her. This girl won a lot of money from a car accident law suit. As soon as she had served her sentence, she came back the same night and bailed Kristina out! She hadn't been able to call anyone, but she didn't need to because she convinced her friend to bail her out!

She "sounded" fine this afternoon when she called. I went to pick her up and she was HIGH AS A KITE! I'm not shocked. We were leaving her in there because we were afraid if we bailed her out she would get high and that is exactly what happened. She proceeded to tell me that if we had bailed her out on the first night instead of "leaving her there to rot" she was at her bottom and would have stayed clean, but because we left her there, all she was able to do was think about getting high!

Since this was her first arrest and she got arrested twice in the same night, I explained to her that one more arrest and she'd probably face mandatory minimum drug sentencing laws and how could she leave jail and get high. She said, "DON'T YOU KNOW I HAVE A DISEASE?" Ok, I've always had a hard time believing the disease thing for exactly this reason, in my opinion, it gives her an "excuse" to use!

My parents, especially my mom, were of course devastated when she came home like that! I called them on the way and said she looked high (I knew she was) so she blamed me when she got home and they started getting mad at her for being high. A 5 year old would have known she was high - it's the MOST high looking I've ever seen her!

It's very hard to sit by and watch someone you love destroy their life - even if they have to make their own discoveries to get better.

She blamed us all for not giving a crap about her, and couldn't believe her family wouldn't bail her out for her first offense!

Addicts need enablers and they are experts at manipulating people to rescue them.