Old 03-01-2008, 09:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
concernedsister

OMG Kristina got someone to bail her out of jail!

We are SHOCKED, STUNNED, AND TERRIFIED! My parents and I were being very strong and trying to allow Kristina to experience her "rock bottom". She was in jail for exactly a week with a $1000 bail. She wasn't able to call anyone (we though) because a special account with some global tel needed to be set up and we only found out a few days ago and their number is always busy. We did put some money in her commissary, maybe she was able to use that to make calls somehow? She certainly didn't call us though!

The oddest thing happened yesterday. Her public defender called me (her sister) and said she had just met with her and she was absolutely frantic that her sister was supposed to bail her out today (yesterday) and was worried I was outside or waiting for her during their meeting, she begged her to call me. I said, No, I have no idea what she's talking about! She said, "are you her older sister". I said, "yes, I am her older and ONLY sister!" I explained that my parents were working on getting her into a halfway house and although this was her first offense, the reason we were not bailing her out is because she has a problem and we were concerned that if she was bailed out, she'd be back on the streets using.

My dad went to visit her this morning and called to tell me someone bailed her out! I guess I didn't believe it because I went down there an hour later and was told the same thing. All they could tell us is that she was bailed out yesterday by some woman who paid the $1000 bond (which was 10% of her $10,000 bail!) She must have been able to make calls and we didn't know. She's certainly not calling us.

It's hard to think of her back on the streets to get arrested for what would be the THIRD offense or possibly overdosing - this is very, very hard. We all feel like she thinks we don't care because we didn't have a chance to explain our feelings to her. I love her to death so do my parents, we were trying to do what was in her best interest. If anything happens to her and we didnt' get the chance to explain things, that would be so horrible!

Please pray for her and us!

I wish I could get more info. on who bailed her out and take it from there, but the jail said they don't know anything! I'm wondering if this is public information I could get from the courts on Monday?

Thanks for "listening"!