View Single Post
Old 02-29-2008, 09:03 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
TDRinSoCal

Thanks so much to everyone for the great responses and support! It's nice to be able to talk about things. Even though nothing has changed yet, I already feel a sense of relief just knowing there are others out there who understand.

I know this may sound shallow, but to others my husband and I appear to be the perfect couple that has it all, perfect marriage, perfect house, perfect jobs, perfect life. If they only knew...

So to talk about our problem (it's as much my problem as it is his, right?) so openly, or as my southern mama says "to show off my ugly baby" is such a relief. Some of your responses brought to light a few other things in my husband's behavior that I guess I hadn't noticed.

Originally Posted by hbb View Post
When he quit he had some sweats, bad dreams, craved chocolate, very edgy and went to be really early.
My husband's mood seems to be more somber, almost depressed, during his sober period(s). Also the craving for chocolate totally caught me by surprise. My husband NEVER ate sweets before but I have a sweet tooth so I keep a candy jar filled with M&M's and I'm noticing how much more frequently I'm having to fill it and I'm not the one eating them because swimsuit season is fast approaching.

And regarding the part about going to bed early. BINGO! It's 8:30 on a Friday night and my husband has been in bed since about 7:00. Hopefully he'll have a restful night and tomorrow he will be another step further away from alcohol. Yes, I'm ever the optimist.

I have another question for my new support group. What about my drinking? Being the daughter of an alcoholic father and mother who's had her moments with alcohol as well, I'm not that much of a drinker but I do enjoy a glass of wine now and then. Should I not drink either since my AH is trying not drink?

One more thing. My husband hasn't connected his severe night sweats with his quitting drinking and thinks there's something else wrong with him. This evening he told me he's going to make an appointment to see a doctor. I know he won't admit the amount or frequency he drinks to the doctor but I'm guessing a blood panel will give that away. But is there anything in particular I should try to get him to tell the doctor without him going into denial or flying off the handle?

Again, thanks so much to all of you for your support and kind words!