Thread: Hi,
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2008, 08:03 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
chip

Welcome to SR, whitesunset

You are not a loser. Someone once told me that I was never a bad father when I drank...but...I can be a BETTER Daddy if I'm sober.

I'll bet you are a very special and important person for your little princess. It sounds like it might be time for you to do something about your drinking. Have you considered AA? It works for millions of people like you and I.

You probably know this, but alcoholism is progressive. This means it always gets worse. You mentioned that you arn't drinking everyday, but you used to drink everyday. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I'll bet you need to make an effort to only drink 3 days a week. I'd be surprised if you didn't go back to where you were, and possibly worse, if you keep drinking. Many people have this experience.

If you quit for a year, you probably had a good reason to do it. I'll bet you have some good reasons to quit again. Why not give it another try? It's not too late. You don't want your life to be ruled by the tyrant "Alcohol".

Alcohol is a great remover: it removes families, self esteem, jobs, vehicles, self respect, etc.... Alcoholism is a progressive disease that ends with death.

I dont' mean to preach to you here, but you have hope. Recovery is possible, and you can get better. You don't have to live like this. I remember trying to control my drinking...it was hell. Who wants to go through life with a constant obbsessive compulsive burden? I encourage you to get into SR, and look at some recovery options that may work for you.
chip