View Single Post
Old 02-25-2008, 07:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
chip

Hey Dude,
You are going through some pretty normal feelings that lot's of us go through. It's good to remember that you are a pretty good dude.

I found it helpful to look at my past, under the influence, as a chapter that is now closed. I know I will never repeat the same mistakes sober. As long as I stay this way, I'm living in the solution. I think the best way to get over mistakes of the past is to never repeat them.

I know what you mean about what other people say... it happened to me, and it still does sometimes. I have to remember that I was a very selfish guy when I drank. It's not surprising that others may feel resentful against me...after all, I stepped on alot of toes when I drank. I don't know about you, but I did some pretty stupid things when I drank. Some people would LOVE to see me fail....

Don't let them get to you, Dude. Keep up the good work. Remember that you and I arn't BAD guys...we were just sick with our drinking. As long as we are trying to get better, that's the best we can do. Stay away from that 1st drink, and we have a decent chance of not repeating stupid, bad and shameful behaviour.
chip