Notices

One of those days

Old 02-25-2008, 01:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

One of those days

Whats up fellows,

I have been clean for a little over 2 weeks. Everything is getting better. I am just having a hard time dealing with the past. I am tired of hearing about all the things I have messed up. I really get in a bad mood when someone brings old stuff. I know I have not been sober long, but I am trying. I just have a hard time with what people say to me.

Thanks,
Dude
Old 02-25-2008, 02:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I know how you feel. Been there, done that.

I quit drinking seven years ago and still have regrets of the past. Now, that is messed up. Long after everyone else forgived me I still kept beating myself up.

I cannot change the past.

The only thing that helps is, because I went through what I did in life makes me the person I am today. I like myself today.
Old 02-25-2008, 02:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks, I have to remember that I am a pretty good dude.
Old 02-25-2008, 05:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

TD....
I do my best to avoid negetive people.
Some people are just jerks...best ignored.

When I finished Steps 4 & 5
I forgave myself for my past.
A good reasom to take the Steps.

Congratulations on your sober time!

Last edited by CarolD; 02-25-2008 at 08:49 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 02-25-2008, 07:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey Dude,
You are going through some pretty normal feelings that lot's of us go through. It's good to remember that you are a pretty good dude.

I found it helpful to look at my past, under the influence, as a chapter that is now closed. I know I will never repeat the same mistakes sober. As long as I stay this way, I'm living in the solution. I think the best way to get over mistakes of the past is to never repeat them.

I know what you mean about what other people say... it happened to me, and it still does sometimes. I have to remember that I was a very selfish guy when I drank. It's not surprising that others may feel resentful against me...after all, I stepped on alot of toes when I drank. I don't know about you, but I did some pretty stupid things when I drank. Some people would LOVE to see me fail....

Don't let them get to you, Dude. Keep up the good work. Remember that you and I arn't BAD guys...we were just sick with our drinking. As long as we are trying to get better, that's the best we can do. Stay away from that 1st drink, and we have a decent chance of not repeating stupid, bad and shameful behaviour.
chip
Old 02-25-2008, 08:15 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Philippines/Canada

We are sick people getting well not bad people getting good. I took no pleasure in my compulsive behavior that most non addicts will never understand. But we do have to pay for that behavior one way or another, give it time. Time and well timed amends heals most wounds.
Old 02-25-2008, 08:37 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
where the light is

Hey Dude!

I also had to go through that initial period of people bringing up bad memories and making thoughtless remarks. What helped me was realizing that in many instances, I was just the gossip of the day, people getting their kicks at my expense. They have tired of it and moved on.

If it was a friend or loved one bringing up things where I had hurt them, all I could do was let them speak, listen to them, and say that I am sorry through my words & actions (staying sober, being kind & good to them).

You are doing great! Keep going, it gets much much better.