View Single Post
Old 02-18-2008, 09:02 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
DESIGNER

I agree with the others. It's amazing how we can completely forget the reality of our situations everytime we see a sober moment. I used to do this all the time.
Yep I have done this for the past 4 years and I have realized that this will be my life unless I make the change. Change is scary....read the thread I just posted.

I was in the same situation a month ago. Abf and I were planning on moving out of this 2 bedroom apartment and getting a bigger place. One with a yard, a basement, garage, nice big kitchen and a place that is only like 2 years old. Everything that I have wanted in a house for a LONG time but I chose a 1 bedroom 1 bath 800 sf apartment because I know that I am ready to get off of the rollarcoaster of alcholism. I ALWAYS looked past the alcoholism when he was sober and the one that I love but he is not ready to give up drinking and I am not ready to give up my life to living with an alcoholic.

Try as hard as it may be to take care of yourself and listen to your gut feelings....we have that naturally installed into us for a reason.