View Single Post
Old 02-17-2008, 04:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
lexusgirl
play the tape all the way thru

Wasting my time?

So abf came over today to get some more clothes. We talked for awhile, and I told him strait up how I felt about his drinking, this time not over the phone. He said that he didn't know where I came up all of a sudden with this ridiculous rant about him having a drinking problem. I guess it was all of a sudden as our fight prior to him leaving was about how he couldn't comfort me with the stress I'm dealing with right now and other relationship issues. I can see how it caught him off guard and I basically said I didn't think it would work out unless he got some sort of help. I rambled on like the codie that I am about the disease etc. He said I must be too caught up in my exabf addiction from a few years back and that I compare him to my ex; that I think everyone is an alcoholic if they throw back one too many beers, and that I'm "uptight."

He said he would have to think about it and basically the only thing he is thinking about as far as getting help would be couple's counseling. Maybe his way of putting the attention and fault back on me.

Would couple's counseling be helpful or just be a waste of my time? I guess if he isn't going to address his drinking issues whats the point? I told him he needs to find help for himself (and yes I know you can't make an A get help unless they're ready) but he just said the issues at hand are between him and I....

I'd appreciate any input....thank you.