Thread: Parent check in
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2008, 09:46 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
MsPINKAcres
Living in a Pinkful Place

Another mom checking in

Been off & on the SR site for a while - busy at work (state job & 2nd job), also had pneumonia at christmas, never got over it, then relapsed with the flu -

Anyway, AD is still incarcerated - how funny - incarcerated sounds so much more "dignified" than in jail - the mind games that go on in "Ritaville" - no matter how you say it "she's been locked up since early December" - and her court date is around the middle of March - don't kno if she will get off with credit for time served or what -

went to see her once, broke my heart to talk to her thru that glass on the phone - we write letters to each other almost every week - you can tell the drugs are pretty much out of her system - the intelligent Ash is coming thru the letters, she is helping the other girls with their studies for the GED - last few letters have talked about her gratefulness for her education and the gift of her intelligence.

I don't know if it was the Christmas season, the weakness from being sick, or the hope of her sounding so positive in her letters - but I have deposited money in her acct, once a month and only $20 each month - but I do feel the pull for it to be more - so kno that I'm going to have to watch that in me - working on a meeting with my Sponsor to make sure that doesn't get out of control.

AH is well - not really sure - 2/7 could have been his 5th sobriety b-day but since the last oh well let's not go into timeframes - anyway - he didn't make that date. Not attending meetings anymore - I was very sad that day - for him, for me, for our marriage, for our daughters and our grandchildren - for what is lost - but sent up prayers that it may be restored.

ok - that's it for me -
Big ole Mom hugs out to all of the Parents

Wishing you Serenity & Joy,
Rita