Old 02-15-2008, 07:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
cece1960
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by CoDeependentMe View Post
Later in the evening he came to give me a little thank you hug and then said he wanted to give me feedback on my card.
(((Codeep)))
That it just so unfair, and one of the reasons I really despise the whole "holiday". Yeah, I used to like it too back in the day that crushes were revealed and love was in the air...I suppose I was about 16.
As an adult I'm seeing more and more a day that one is forced to prove their love, and disappointments run amuck.

He should NOT have put you in that position Period.

When I split from my ex it broke his heart. After several years of me being invisible, and him detached from the whole family (he was step dad), once I ended it I was the most important thing in his universe. It was really hard for me to think I was hurting him, but the simple truth is that he was hurting...not from my actions but from the aftermath of his. There was nothing I could do, save perhaps give up all of my needs to protect his, and for once I wasn't willing to do that.

He still pines to this day, but has moved on. He claims he hasn't, but ironically for three or so years he's been dating the gal that he was palling around with while we were married :chatter Go figure.

We can't save the world from hurt hon...so we keep on keeping on the best we know how.
Thanks heavens V-Day is over
(((Hugs)))