Thread: Parent check in
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2008, 05:00 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
LauraK
Trying to get out of God's way

Just checking in here, too :-) My son is in a heap of trouble, probation violations, last I heard he was thinking of "making it warm" (I told him things might be easier on him when the warm weather comes as he's just staying with whomever will let him crash with them, could say I was being sarcastic)...so maybe that means that he's going to leave the state. I was up for a good hour around 3 AM thinking of all the bad things that will happen to him in prison, then decided what can I do about it anyway? NOTHING. It's his life, his choices. My heart is broken, but I have alot of GOOD things in my life, awesome fun grandkids, a fantastic husband, and my hospice volunteer work. FOCUS FOCUS on the good things - I have to keep telling myself that. Going on a cruise in early March, can't wait, it will be so good to get out of Michigan, leave all the drama behind, and I WILL HAVE A GREAT TIME!!! We're driving, so we're leaving a few days early just to hang out in Fl a few days before the cruise, even driving out to Key West to spend the night!

All I can do is trust that God will do with my son what is best for HIM, and help me to get over whatever that happens to be.

I love reading this forum and hearing about success stories, maybe there will be one here from me one day!!