Old 02-08-2008, 01:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
SeekSobriety

Life tests you harder when you try to stay sober, WHY!

Ok, for some reason life seems to throw extra challenges on me when I have a few days of Sobriety. I am trying to get it all together and would like life to just give me a few days to try and get a handle on things but, the universe has another plan. Last night I was dealing with some stress, worked through it, was finally at a more comfortable place, I am driving home then this car comes zooming up this narrow hill I try and pull over as much as possible and bam, the side of my rental car makes contact with a parked cars bumper leaving doing a pretty serious number to the paint job on the rental car.
I look at the parked car, its is old and has lots of old bumps and chips and etc damage all over it from , looked at the bumper it had some paint chipped off forsure but nowhere near the damage on the new rental car I am driving.
I decide to leave a note since I want to do the right thing, even though there is the alcoholic voice in my mind saying don't. But I do. Anyways it is Sat here, I am in NewZealand, the rental was through work so I have to wait till monday to talk to someone from work but the damage is not that bad, probably 1k or less (sucks) but could be worse. I still have my sobriety but I gotta tell you, I sure felt like getting hammered, I wanted to run so far away from that straight to the bar and my dealer but I didn't. Its Saturday here I am working today and works stresses are getting to me as well, so badly want to go to a meeting but work will not allow it at this point, so I wanted to check in with you all online. Thanks for listening to my share.