Old 02-06-2008, 09:19 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
good_luck

Very interesting. Thank you for sharing that. Some thoughts I had:

I am an insanely, voluntarily, vulnerable person, but I wouldn't say that I am fragile at all. In fact, I think that I get strength from my willingness to be vulnerable, and honest. I've been wondering about this topic a little recently. My ex is very good at putting up walls, putting up a front, but behind all of these defenses is a very fragile person. It might be the same vulnerability at root- we all have that hurt child inside of us - but I kind of think that the denial of this vulnerability makes it more of a scary, secret thing. It makes it bigger than it needs to be. Hiding it away makes it appear to be more fragile than it is.

When I expose my vulnerabilities, even if they aren't treated with care, I see that they do not break. I do not break. I just get hurt, heal, and move on. And those same ways to hurt me remain, but I know what they are. I own them, and I've made myself comfortable with them, because they aren't going away (nor do they need to.)

Anyway, I applaud your willingness to make yourself vulnerable. I think that it is a brave, true, thing. And I think that it is good for you!

This was a little scattered -- I hope it makes sense.