Thread: Here's My Story
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2008, 11:53 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Shivaya

Looks like I have a lot of reading to do. Good thing I like to read to improve myself/my situation.

I am happy to have my AH out of the house for the next week, I know it will be good for me and my children, and I hope that he will get some help while he is gone (he says he will contact his EAP through work). This was his own idea which he shared with me. So good for him for wanting to seek help, he's never done this before. A step in the right direction.

The only part that is making me anxious, is that he has taken our children to stay with him, just for the weekend, which I know will be great for the kids and him. Why am I anxious? Because he has never wanted to take the kids anywhere by himself, especially overnight. I guess it's the timing that I have a problem with. Why now that everything is coming to a head, so to speak, does he feel like he needs to be alone with the kids?

I guess I've just answered my own question. This is a good thing, whatever his reasons for doing it may be. As long as he is being responsible and not drinking when he's in complete charge of the kids, then this is a good thing. The kids are real excited about staying with daddy, sort of like a mini-vacation for them.

What will I do? Something that nurtures my soul, my being. I am going to visit with my great friend of over 20 years! This will be good for me!

Thanks for all the kind words.

Shivaya