View Single Post
Old 02-02-2008, 10:45 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
peaceteach

Hi Sara,
I know what you mean about not wanting to bother others when you think they have their own problems and you should be handling yours like a "big" girl. What I've found out is that it is REALLY healthy for you to talk about what is happening to you, if only to just give voice to the insanity and then shed it. This is a great safe haven for you to do just that. No one's problems are any more or any less than yours! I've just recently allowed myself to open up a little on here, and so far no one has told me I can't Plus, the sooner you start the process of taking care of yourself, the better. You wouldn't want to be 44 instead of 22 and STILL be feeling the same way! Learn all you can here about being the child of an alcoholic, both for surviving the present rough times with your mother, and for recognizing how many of us who had alcoholics parents wound up choosing one for a spouse. That way you can help yourself to break the cycle while you are still young, by knowing how likely you are to fall into that trap and choosing to avoid it. Take care of yourself, sweetie! You deserve the best out of life, but you have to choose what's best for you, every day.