View Single Post
Old 02-01-2008, 09:59 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
KariSue

Originally Posted by BBD View Post
Hi Kj~~Glad you stopped the cycle and are happy now. We all deserve that. With me its my son that I hope will stop his cocaine addiction. He's been to rehab but I don't have all the faith in the world with that......it's so hard when its your child that is facing addiction. I just couldn't imagaine the pain of being married to someone with a drug problem. But at least theres the choice of walking away. I can't walk away from my son.SO~~~~enjoy life and I.m thrilled for you. Smiles, Bonnie
I understand how you feel. When we first realized my son was an addict, his wife said she was leaving him. I didn't blame her. Since my son seems to be making some progress (sometimes two steps forward and one back but still progress in our eyes) she has decided not to leave for now anyway. I think she feels like I do that I can give him a chance (in my case the last one) but if he blows it then he has to suffer the consequences. I will always love him but like my friend who dated alcoholics said it gets to a point when you feel like you have given a safety net but it didn't work out. THEN when they called she said she would say "I love you but you're drunk. Go to AA." Click. At some point if my son goes the wrong direction, I may have to do the same thing. At that point, I won't it consider it walking away, I'll consider it waiting for him....

KariSue