Old 01-31-2008, 04:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sportster

went to the counsellor and the counsellor said...

This was my fourth visit to the alcohol counsellor. I first went to see him a month ago and told him I wanted to quit drinking. He takes a lot of notes, asks me a lot about my history, and wants to know exactly how much I drank the prior week. Well I'm being honest with him and I haven't had more than a gallon of wine in a week or a bottle of Johnny Walker Red. He told me today that I might need more help than he can provide and that I might need a two week out-patient program. That would mean two weeks of spending all day at a clinic or something. Well, I'm not going to drink again because I'm not going to no out-patient for two weeks. Maybe if he said I had to go to a spa where they give you shower massages and hot body oils I would go along.
So now I got a choice to make (again). Do I really want to stop completely or forget this counselling business and go back to my gallon (or so) a week. I think my counsellor was offended that I could go to an AA meeting then stop at the package store on the way home. I feel bad about that myself but not so bad I wouldn't do it again. I sure do feel better when I don't drink though.
I've been struggling with this for more than forty years and I'm still not sure I can give it up completely. I just dunno