View Single Post
Old 01-30-2008, 10:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
melbar4

Having a hard day...

My kids are in school and a girl friend calls me that happened to talk with AH yesterday. He left us 10 ten days ago and he goes on to tell her that he had left me and my four children because he just couldn't live with me anymore, not in my prison. He loved me but just didn't want to be with me and it had little to do with all his drinking. Why can't he see that his disease is leading him to make these horrible choices? Why does it hurt more to think that he actually fell out of love with me after 16 years, rather than the truth that he can't accept his disease and get the help he so seriously needs. Only 10 months ago he was in rehab trying to save himself and be productive in our family. I have stuck with him through years and years of abuse and neglect and now he just walks out on me and my kids. He has surrounded hisself with divorced/single friends that live in bars and party all night. These people don't care about him or love him. They don't want what is best for him. I don't know where he is living, he has only called about the kids once. He wants to come visit with them tonight but I just can't stomach being here. Hopefully my dad can come and sit with them as they visit.
Boy, I need my ALanon meeting tonight. HELP!
Thanks,
Melissa