View Single Post
Old 01-28-2008, 08:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
puddinface

Hello and welcome! My son started using drugs at 14. He is now 21 and now sits in jail as we speak. He never wanted to hear anything his parents had to say to him about staying away from substances...it was always the same answer "I DONT HAVE A PROBLEM MOM!!!" Even when he was given probation, he still continued to use even though he knew he was being tested. It was just a matter of time before the probation officer had enough. We begged him to stop, offered him a world of love, support, positive choices, help, etc. No matter what we tried, he didnt want to stop. It took all of these wonderful friends at SR to help me realize it was nothing that we did to cause this. They don't want to face the reality of the problem. He had an appt set for a rehab facility and guess what? The Judge didnt care..it was time for tough love. He locked him up for 47 days! I do go to visit him once a week and he has talked with me more over these last 3 weeks than in the last 3 years! (Of course...because he clean and sober). I only pray that this is the wake up call that he has needed..I pray. Hang in there. You have wonderful support here...they have helped me tremendously. You are not alone.