View Single Post
Old 01-28-2008, 05:13 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Fluffhead85

Be strong. You say you want this, but how bad do you really want it? I am an opiate addict. Once and addict always an addict. But I decided to give it up after five years of use, in November. I'm not gonna lie, November sucked really bad. But December and January have been amazing. Life is completely different and for once in my life I care about myself. I went to my family doctor and was prescribed a blood pressure medication (I had already tried methadone and suboxone before, to addictive also) and I take over the counter sleeping medication called sleepinal. I was physically ill for the first week, typically withdrawls from opiates and narcotic pain killers only last for a few days, after that it is just getting use to the way your body is suppose to feel. However, if you are using xanax's and valium, benzos are a little more difficult to get off of, ecspecially the sleeping issue. However, your doctor could prescribe you with a non-narcotic, non-habit forming sleeping aid. But like I said, you have to want this, you can't make excuses or justifications to use, I have been there. And if you don't make that honest decision then it really doesn't matter how much outside help you recieve you will continue to go back to using.