Notices

i'm new here, i dont know what i'm doing

Old 01-28-2008, 04:52 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trying to be View Post
i'm so sick and i know it, i stopped once a couple of months ago. my goodness, how sick i got. i shook and puked n cried for almost a week, didn't sleep a wink. thought it was ok then, if i could just kick the covers 4 a week, then what was the harm. i'd been doing it for years, so what would a couple of pills n a glass of wine hurt? and here i sit
I'm not sure, but I think to get off loritab you should not try to do it alone. It could be dangerous. Others in here would know better. But I think you would need medical supervision to do that. I know you said that at the moment you are using your money to help your daughter, but in the long term, your health and well-being will probably be much more valuable to your daughter than anything. I hope you will try to get help. Good luck!!
Old 01-28-2008, 05:13 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Be strong. You say you want this, but how bad do you really want it? I am an opiate addict. Once and addict always an addict. But I decided to give it up after five years of use, in November. I'm not gonna lie, November sucked really bad. But December and January have been amazing. Life is completely different and for once in my life I care about myself. I went to my family doctor and was prescribed a blood pressure medication (I had already tried methadone and suboxone before, to addictive also) and I take over the counter sleeping medication called sleepinal. I was physically ill for the first week, typically withdrawls from opiates and narcotic pain killers only last for a few days, after that it is just getting use to the way your body is suppose to feel. However, if you are using xanax's and valium, benzos are a little more difficult to get off of, ecspecially the sleeping issue. However, your doctor could prescribe you with a non-narcotic, non-habit forming sleeping aid. But like I said, you have to want this, you can't make excuses or justifications to use, I have been there. And if you don't make that honest decision then it really doesn't matter how much outside help you recieve you will continue to go back to using.